PE AND SPORT PREMIUM
Claverdon Primary School receives P.E. and sport premium funding from the government.
The table details funding and spend for the 2021 - 2022 academic year.
|Grant brought forward from prior years
WCC - Instalment 1 - 21/22
|WCC - Instalment 2 - 21/22 academic (22/23 financial)
|Total remaining available after forecasted spend
The effect of the premium on pupils’ P.E. and sport participation
- Teachers have kept notes and pictures and have worked alongside the professional sports instructors (D Partridge/R West) . Children are fully engaged in the lessons. There are a variety of sports planned in blocks of half a term at a time.
- Two Multi Sports after school clubs are offered for KS1/KS2 by the sports coaches and are well-supported.
- Increasing the skills level of staff in school means that P.E. and games are taught better so encouraging more children to participate in class and in after school clubs.
- Increased participation in and out of school means more children are keen to join school teams for competitive and co-operative sport.
- We have a variety of other after school clubs offering sports activities including; football, cricket, netball.
- We have a strong Forest School programme delivery weekly curriculum sessions for Reception and after school club for Year 1, 2 and 3 pupils.
- We have competed successfully with girls and boys football teams in local leagues and tournaments.
- We have also entered tournaments in netball, cricket, rounders, tag rugby, athletics (both indoors and outdoors), tennis, gymnastics, football, indoor rowing and swimming (subject to Covid restrictions currently).
- Pupils in our school engage in many out of school sports clubs and compete at a high level.
How we develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
- We are working towards the School Games Mark Gold Award which recognises the amount and quality of physical education and competition in and out of school, including school inter-house tournaments.
- We aim to enter an even greater variety of sports activities and competitions outside our school,
- We have a new P.E. coordinator who will organise intra and inter school competitions (when restrictions allow).
- We have maximised the use of the grant funding to replace and extend our outdoor fitness trail in the field and to add a climbing wall and two ball target features in the playground for use by the whole school.
How we will make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- Staff will improve their practice as they work with the qualified practitioner.
- We regularly upgrade our sports equipment and are always looking for opportunities to introduce additional sports activities.
Year 6 Swimming Proficiency
- This was unable to be assessed this year due to COVID restrictions